Sunday, September 30, 2012

Im NOT A POET

Im not a poet
anymore....
had  you ever been one
words are written....
and its reads
better
poetry comes after your eulogy
such a enlongated truth
Im not living anymore
if my convictions arent  real
just like nothing
is ever what it seems
expectations...
are curbed

landscapes of hope and love
projected....ONLY  in my dreams...
the reality saying Im a poet ....
I dont trust this reality...
so I dont think this is my outcome
this presence becomes my enemy
 A POET.....
let my peers be the judge
I trust there truth better than mines
because they try so hard
to be one....
there  opinions... must counts
 it out numbers
real profound ambitions
and motives

They call me a wordsmith
then some call me
the  other names
 my constant mirages briefs my hopes
in this steaming scortching dersert
praying the bread they give
I will not choke
Im not a camel
I cant hold  all this moisture
for a long time
my tears shows my distrust
while I lay on a bed of
this noisey tin
traces of where I been
trails of my rust
Showing the exact place
  I could have been stuck
in this overt wave of  dual creativity
negative and postive
ying and the yang
hearing....
U POET
do your thang...

I not a poet anymore .....
even though I play with words
often evaluated new vocabularies
for ages...and eons to proceed
strunctured sentences.....
like weekly  lessons plans...
but....
Im not a teacher..
even though I scream
words in CADENCE like a
preacher.....
its not promised
that my poem would
reach you.....

I dont trust titles ...
ultimately...I dont think its
relavent
vital
the truth on the other hand
should be worn
like gloves on a brisk cold day
I want to seek truth and debunk
 FALSE labels...
keep my hands and my heart
up to  the Most HIGH...
so there wouldnt be anything  over turned
I  cant ever determine WHO I AM...
HE IS THE GREAT I AM...
I AM...because he seeds his love
until he calls me a poet.....
than I become one....


nlistic souldier







2 comments:

  1. Very true...you aren't something just because you think it or people call you it...let people judge your work, but know that one the MOST HIGH can name you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for commenting yes yahmen ..we are what he means us to be blessings vanessa.

      Delete